February 06, 2011

Shading Brushes

It is a good idea to cut the hair down short on the brush if it makes blending easier.  


These are the shader brushes that I use... I am sorry but the brushes turn around every time I close the scanner.   Grrrrrrrrrr    They are Roymac shader brushes CB - 90.  as you can see I have worn the #4 away almost to nothing.  I tried to order a new one but the #4 is so hard to get...I had to order a #6.  as you can see there is a huge difference in the size.  I will keep searching for another #4 even if I have to order overseas.

(Lene......  this is the brush and it is not a rubber ended shader... it is a brush ...I am not sure what hair it is.  it does not say when ordering.  Laffin here, look at the state of my poor old #4.  I have worn it to death.  LOL.
I do hope I can get another #4 sometime soon.
I hope this is a clearer explanation for you Lene.  :)

4 comments:

Lene Daugaard said...

okay - thank you for showing :) I soon post a pic of my tools too, encouraged from your bright idea :)

Jan said...

Thanks for showing the brushes, Dors. I got some watercolor scrubbers for next to nothing that I use for pastel work. I don't know if they would work for you but it might be something you could find there and try.

Here's a link to the ones I got:

http://www.jerrysartarama.com/discount-art-supplies/brushes-and-palette-knives/watercolor-brushes/creative-mark-watercolor-brushes/scrubber-watercolor-brushes-and-sets/scrubber-watercolor-brush-set.htm

Anonymous said...

I am fascinated by these posts of yours about tools, and it is great to see what other people are using. I have used the colour shapers myself in the past, but never a shader brush, not sure how that would work ?

Unknown said...

Your welcome Lene. i have been into see your tools. very interesting and I am going back to study them some more. :)

Thank you so much Jan for giving me the links. I will certainly look into them as the Roymac brushes are quite expensive.

With the shader brush...It's best to cut the hair shorter.