February 25, 2011

Commission. Cat

Arches 300gsm smooth paper.    10 x 10" 

I have finally made a start on the black cat after running out of 300gsm paper.   I have plenty of  185gsm  but I do like the 300gsm.   I managed to get a sheet locally yesterday. I will order an A2 pad from Carrero Art Supplies who give a great service.
Starting to block in then build up the fir.  As you all know Black Cats are the hardest to draw.  The magnifying glass and zooming in should give me some detail although the ref photos don't show much detail. ..I will do my best and enjoy every pencil stroke.  :)

6 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

He is already looking good, Doreen. I look forward to seeing your progress on him.

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

I agree, he looks good already. When you mentioned a black cat, I couldn't wait to see you begin the process. They are so very difficult to draw and paint. With your talent Dors, No Worries you will do a magnificent job.

Jan said...

I've also been looking forward to your wip on this guy. I'll "third" the sentiment that he looks good already.

Pat said...

Looking forward to seeing how this develops, Dors. Great start!

Colette Theriault said...

Dors, I fully understand how you feel regarding drawing black animals using graphite!! Extremely time consuming!!! I know this will turn out great as with all of your lovely portraits.

Unknown said...

Shery
Joan
Jan
Pat
Colette
Thank you so much for your kind remarks and so much encouragement.
Yes black fur is always hard. I love a good challenge. :)

Have a great artistic weekend.