April 06, 2012

Orang-Utan WIP #9

Arches smooth surface.  approx 22 " x 30"  It is a full sheet. 
Almost at the finish of this adorable Orang-Utan.    I am now deciding what do do about the gap left of the hand between the front arm and the hand.  On the photo it is grass This is causing me a little frustration as when I did grass in graphite it just blended in with the fur...Grrrrrrrrr  not a good look.  If I do it green then what is in his mouth will have to stay white as it will be too much green.   I have printed a couple of copies on copy paper and will experiment to see what looks best.  After some searching I have come to the conclusion that what is in the mouth is coconut.  I THINK!!.   I could use artistic license and bring down the fur under the chin a little more and just blur out the small amount of BG.      Happy for any suggestions.  :D

1 comment:

Jan said...

This is really looking good but I see your dilemma. Could you make it as if she's leaning against something? Perhaps a rock or maybe the coconut tree trunk if she's eating coconut (& I think you might be right about that - it does look like coconut pieces. Or after re-reading what you said, I may not be looking at the right place - what about just deep shadow?