March 22, 2012

Orang-utan WIP #7

Arches smooth surface.  approx 22 " x 30"  It is a full sheet.   
Here is another update.  It's a funny angle the way he is lying down.   Being so large I have to keep adjusting my measurements especially where is from arm is pushed forward on the left but I am getting there slowly.
 I will probably add a little color with what he is eating...If only I can tell what it is.  LOL.  On the color photo is is a creamy color which doesn't really help me.   The white patch is grass showing between the head and the arm.   I still have a lot more detail on the hair to go and the forehead.   It's a really enjoyable project.

10 comments:

hmuxo said...

He's coming along so beautifully, Dors. I love it so far...I'm a little curious as to what is in his mouth as well! Hmmm!

Andrew said...

I suppose you could always make the stuff in his mouth green. It could help it to pop.

Unknown said...

Thank you Hilda & Andrew. I think green sounds like a good plan Andrew... unless I find out what it is.

Jan said...

It's really coming along nicely, Dors! I wouldn't have a clue as to what he's eating - when you first started this, I thought it was paper!

jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Doreen,
You are doing a beautiful job, textures and expression are excellent. Maybe an apple?

All the best to you,
Joan

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Jan & Joan.
I have an update being posted today. I have come up with a few things... paper, apple, coconut. Maybe it would be easier to have come grass there.LOL not giving up as yet. it's a strange shape and thin.

Thanks again for your lovely comments.

Unknown said...

Oh My Goodness - I've said it before Dors, but you really must have the patience of a saint and your graphite animal portraits are just exquisite. Graphite drives me nuts, but every time I view your works, it makes me want to like working with it!!! :)

Unknown said...

Thank you Karen. Coming from you I take it as a huge compliment. DITO! to your CP work, I just wish I could get the hang of it half as good as yours. I guess we all have our medium that works for us.

Colette Theriault said...

Coming along beautifly Dors! I agree with others that the food should be green...the shape really looks like leaves and that is what they eat in the wild, amongst other things like fruit.

Unknown said...

Thank you Colette. Green it will be. I did think green as many other suggested so I am now convinced it will be green...